NICE ROOMS, NICER PRICES!TM
(Why is this our slogan? Because our rates are so low, for this region, that a person might naturally wonder if the rooms are substandard. But our rooms are first class and clean, as hopefully is evident from these photos. Our rooms are inexpensive, not cheap. The actual reason our rates are so low is we made a great purchase on the property and desire to give our guests a great price!)
WHY BEAT YOURSELF UP? If you are planning to take the long and tiring bus ride into the park, why not stay here the night before, and also the night after the ride? Check motel rates: You very likely will find our 2nd day rate, with our “clean rooms discount,” is lower than you will pay at your destination! PLUS Cantwell is one of the most beautiful areas in Alaska! (That’s quite likely why they made the movie here.)
SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PRICES BELOW AND POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
MINIMUM STAY IN DRY CABINS AND ROOMS 5 – 12 IS 2 DAYS, BUT THERE IS A BIG DISCOUNT FOR DAYS 2+ (see “Clean Rooms Discount” option below)
NOTE: YOU MAY REQUEST RESERVATIONS BY CALLING MGR CELL 916-765-2219 OR EMAIL email@example.com. YOU MAY BOOK ONLINE (SEE BELOW) BUT FOR YOUR SECURITY WE DO NOT TAKE PAYMENTS ON-LINE. WE REQUEST THAT CARD INFO NOT BE EMAILED (you email credit and debit card information at your own risk).
TO BOOK A ROOM:
1. Please select the desired room type below (note that Dry Cabins and Rooms 5 to 12 have minimum 2 day stays).
2. If you book the ADA (handicapped) room 12 you must have a legally disabled person in your party, since we must, by law, ensure that only a legally disabled person books it (unless it is the only room left). At check-in time, if your party does not meet this requirement and other room types are available, we will assign your party to another room.
3. Once you pick your desired room type, please click the BOOK A ROOM button below (but this R&R page will stay open, as you may need it again). This will take you to the ACCOMMODATIONS page, where you can check room availability for the ROOM TYPE and DATES you desire. Please note that when you search for your dates in the ACCOMMODATIONS page, if your choice is available, the SEARCH RESULTS page will (generally) display your choice plus other available room choices (for your dates). In the ACCOMMODATIONS page, for the desired room type, press either the VIEW DETAILS or BOOK button (they do similar functions): This will take you to a DATE PICKER page for the desired room type.
4. In the DATE PICKER page, once you have picked your dates, press the CHECK AVAILABILITY button. This will take you to the first SEARCH RESULTS page, which will tell you if your desired room is available on the dates you choose. It will also show other room types that are available on your dates.
5. In this first SEARCH RESULTS page, for each room type displayed, there will be two buttons: VIEW DETAILS and BOOK. If you press VIEW DETAILS you will simply be returned to the date picker page for that room type. But if you pick BOOK you will go to the second SEARCH RESULTS page.
6. In the second SEARCH RESULTS page, as in the first SEARCH RESULTS page, your selected room type will be displayed, plus possibly other available room types. Only this time, there will be three buttons: VIEW DETAILS, BOOK, and CONFIRM RESERVATION. VIEW DETAILS will take you to a date picker page for the associated room type (basically, start over). BOOK will add the associated room type to your reservation BUT leave you on the same page, so you can easily book a multiple room reservation for your dates. BUT if you only want one room, press button CONFIRM RESERVATION for the desired room type. (The room type you picked will also have a REMOVE link by it, so you can easily cancel it.)
7. Pressing button CONFIRM RESERVATION in the second SEARCH RESULTS page (see step 6 above) will take you to the CHECKOUT page, where you enter your personal data, number of guests, and any applicable discount “coupons”, etc. Be sure to check the box “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions.” Enter any special comments in the “Notes” box: Such as if you have any pets; we need to know at booking time if you have pets. Each pet is an extra $10/day/pet, payable when you check-in. In the CHECKOUT page you may cancel the reservation by pressing the CANCEL button at the bottom. If you are sure the reservation is correct, please press the BOOK NOW button.
8. If the reservation was successful, the CHECKOUT page will display a message similar to the following: Reservation submitted. Details of your reservation have just been sent to you in a confirmation email. Please check your inbox to complete booking.
9. We will generally respond with a confirmation email within one day. But sometimes it may take us a week to respond, but don’t worry even if the reservation expires. Because once we get your email we will reinstate the reservation up to week. In lieu of what Note 10 below says, NO DEPOSIT WILL BE REQUIRED UNLESS WE NOTIFY YOU, and in such event you’ll have a month to pay the deposit. Don’t worry, once we send you the confirmation email and you comply with it’s requirements, WE WILL KEEP YOUR ROOM.
10. If you prefer to book by the “old fashioned” way, OK! Just call 916-765-2219 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org In both cases, once we get your call, voice mail, or email we will keep the room for you at least one week while we finish the booking process (assuming that your call, email, or voice mail clearly specifies your room type and dates and meets our requirements for the desired room type).
(Cafe will not be open in 2020, sorry for the continued delays)
BluesBerry Inn Rooms, Rates, and Related Policies (please see our Clean Rooms Discount option and NOTES below)
DRY CABINS 1 – 4: $80/day single occupancy (available in summer only; see description above). Each cabin has one double plus one twin bed. These cabins do NOT have TV and MAY NOT have wireless internet. In Dry Cabins, minimum stay is 2 days, but please see below for big day 2+ discounts.
HOSTEL: ONE DRY CABIN MAY BE CONVERTED FOR LOW-COST HOSTEL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR SUMMER 2020 (anticipated cost/bed/day $40, plus special long term rates may be available, up to 4 twin beds/cabin – stay tuned for details). Wireless internet MAY be available for hostel and dry cabins, PLEASE check back with us for details.
ROOMS 7 – 12: $150/day single occupancy (for beds & bath, please see description above; also please see day 2+ discount option below). These rooms have satellite TV and wireless internet. IF requested when booking, a limited number of microwaves and mini-refrigerators may be available each at an extra charge of $5/room/day.
ROOMS 5 & 6 (have mini-refrigerator & microwave): $160/day single occupancy (see description above; also please see discount option below). Except for the refer & MW, this room is just like rooms 7-12 (i.e. has satellite TV and wireless internet, private bath/shower, 2 dbl beds).
ROOMS 20 – 25: $130/day single occupancy (please see description above). These rooms now have wireless internet. These are NICE rooms AND most of them now have TV!
ADA NOTE: Room 12 is our ONLY handicap room. IF YOU REQUIRE A HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE ROOM, YOU MUST REQUEST IT WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATION (AND SINCE WE ONLY HAVE ONE, IT WILL ONLY BE RENTED TO NON-HANDICAPPED GUESTS IF IT IS THE ONLY AVAILABLE ROOM). TV does not work in R12, we are trying to fix (as time permits).
MINI-REFRIGERATORS: A LIMITED NUMBER OF MINI-REFERS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL ROOMS EXCEPT DRY CABINS; ADDITIONAL COST IS $5/DAY + TAX (except Room 5, refer cost is included for R5). SINCE THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF THESE UNITS, PLEASE REQUEST THEM WHEN BOOKING.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO $AVE SOME MONEY, WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE BE SURE TO ASK FOR OUR
CLEAN ROOMS DISCOUNT OPTION:
(Note: This discount is NOT available for 1 day stays; it is only for days 2 and additional. To all the rates below, add the 7% bed tax, except no bed tax for stays of 31 days or more. ALSO discount does NOT include the mini-refers noted above – except for rooms 5 and 6, those are still $5.00/day extra)
WE GIVE YOU A CLEAN ROOM, and YOU KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN DAILY (but we still provide clean linens, towels, trash pickup, etc. as you request, in addition to any needed cleaning supplies). When you checkout, you DO NOT CLEAN YOUR ROOM. In return, for all days of your stay except the first, and any day you request housekeeping service, YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNTED RATES:
DRY CABINS 1 – 4: $70/day (for 2+ persons add an additional $10/day; see description above – but pets are still $10/day extra for all dates).
ROOMS 5 & 6: $110/day (for 2+ persons add an additional $10/day; see description above – but pets are still $10/day extra for all dates).
ROOMS 7 – 12: $100/day (for 2+ persons add an additional $10/day; see description above – but pets are still $10/day extra for all dates).
ROOMS 20 – 26: $85/day (for 2 persons add an additional $10/day; see description above – but pets are still $10/day extra for all dates).
When booking the room, you may request the CLEAN ROOMS DISCOUNT for all dates of your stay except the first. You’ll pay the full rate on your first day, and any day that you request housekeeping service, but get the CLEAN ROOMS DISCOUNT for all of the other dates of your stay! We’ll still provide clean linens, coffee, pick up the trash, etc. (Basically, the CLEAN ROOMS DISCOUNT just means that you won’t need housekeeping service on days 2+ of your stay: You do NOT have to clean ANYTHING!).
NOTES (apply to all rooms and rates):
1. All rates are subject to change without prior notice. Special group rates are available on request. Rates DO NOT include the Denali Borough 7% bed tax. ALL PRICES ARE IN US DOLLARS (USD).
2. All rates are single occupancy; additional persons $10 (for 2 or more: the charge for 3 or 4 is the same as for 2).
3. Pets must be approved in advance by management and there will be a $10/day extra charge for each pet. To the extent required by law, service animals are excepted from the PETS policy.
4. Maximum number of persons per room shall be based on two persons/double or queen bed, 1 person/twin bed.
5. Check-out time is 1 PM or you will be charged for an additional day.
6. All rooms are NON-SMOKING. IF you smoke in your room, there will be an additional $100/day charge.
7. Since the BluesBerry Inn only has one ADA accessible room (room 12), it will only be rented to a disabled person unless it is the only room available. Room 12 has 1 queen bed plus 1 twin bed, a ramp, and handicapped accessible shower and lavatory.
8. Special monthly rates are available on request.
9. We cannot guarantee that any particular room, facility, or feature will be available on any particular date.
10. DEPOSIT POLICY: Advance reservations up to five 5 consecutive days (not counting checkout date) in length will require a deposit equal to the first day’s rate per room. For cancellations, ONLY ONE HALF (50%) of this deposit is refundable – provided that you cancel, in a writing to the BluesBerry Inn, at least 1 week prior to the date of the scheduled check in. For no-shows the entire deposit shall be forfeited. The decision on refunds shall be at the sole discretion of the BluesBerry Inn’s manager. However, subject to room availability (for the same type of room), and within the same year and season, your dates may be changed provided you notify the BluesBerry Inn at least 1 week prior to the originally scheduled check in date. Deposit shall be in US funds drawn on a United States (US) bank and may be by mailed personal check, or VISA/MC/Discover over the telephone (for your security, please DO NOT email card info). Reservations in excess of 5 consecutive days (not counting checkout date) will require a non-refundable deposit equal to one day per week or fraction thereof and for rentals in excess of 2 weeks additional security deposit requirements may be specified by the BluesBerry Inn.
11. RESERVATIONS are not confirmed until the deposit has been received.
12. During the winter, reservations must be made at least one week in advance, except that the BluesBerry Inn may be closed during the winter. Please check with us for details.
13. CHECK-IN AND CHECKOUT TIMES: Any check-in prior to 3 PM is an early check-in and all early check-ins shall be approved by management prior to the check-in date. Checkout time is 1 PM. Checkouts after that time must be prior approved by management OR YOU MAY BE CHARGED AN EXTRA DAY (at management’s digression).
14. For additional POLICIES please see tab Policies.
The BluesBerry InnTM is owned and operated by Buckwheat Smith’s Resort, LLC.
ACCESSING THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO CLAIMS AS TO ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION HEREIN.
The following are trademarks of Buckwheat Smith’s Resort, LLC. and except for limited personal use, may not be used without its permission:
Blueberries grow wild ALL OVER these here hillsTM
NICE ROOMS, NICER PRICES!TM
© 2010 – 2019 ROD SMITH, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Except for private non-commercial use (private means personal and non-online use), NO PART OF THIS WEB SITE MAY BE COPIED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF ROD SMITH.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14.6 AV)